Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen is one of the most famed novels in English Literature. Set in the 19th century, it speaks of the necessity in marrying for love not just wealth. In the story, Mr. Darcy is the love interest of Ms. Bennet and their witty banter entices readers throughout the story. In this nail tutorial, Melissa Weaver (NailArtByMelissa) creates a beautiful ode to this timeless story. Take a peek at the steps below!
These are nails are created on natural nails using CND Shellac in Powder my Nose , MoYou stamping plates from the Literature and Holy Shapes collection, my favorite Wildflowers Nail Academy clear stamper, and stamping polish.
Step 1: Shape and prep the natural nail.
Step 3: Use 99% Isopropyl Alcohol to wipe away the inhibition layer from the top coat and begin applying your first layer of stamps;
- Use the Holy Shapes plate to stamp the circle design in the gold stamping polish on your index finger.
- Using the Literature plate and the gray stamping polish, stamp quotes of your choice on your pinkie and ring finger.
- Using the Literature plate and the gray stamping polish, stamp the lady and gentleman silhouette onto your middle finger.
- Using the Literature plate and the gray stamping polish, layer the cameo stamp over the gold circle on your index finger. This is where the clear stamper really comes in handy because you can see to line up the layering perfectly.
- Using the Literature plate and the mauve stamping polish stamp a quote of your choice on your thumb.
Step 4: Now apply your second layer of stamping;
- Using the Literature plate and the mauve stamping polish stamp scroll accents on your pinkie, ring, and middle fingers.
- Using the Literature plate and the gray stamping polish to apply Elizabeth Bennett’s and Mr. Darcy's silhouettes to your thumbs.
*TIP* carefully use a travel size lint roller to clean up the stamping image while it is still on the stamping head. Use it to carefully remove parts of the image you don't want or need for your design.
Step 5: Apply Express 5 Top Coat and cure on all nails. Wipe away inhibition layer and use polish remover on a cotton swab to clean up any stamping on the skin and cuticle area.