We can almost hear the faint notes of the Nutcracker soundtrack, the house will be warm from the hearth soon and the eggnog will soothe our throats as the lights begin to twinkle. The holidays are just around the bend, which means we have a few days to plan out our outfits, get our hair touched-up and most importantly pick a festive design for our nails!
In this tutorial, CND unveils one of its latest nail designs using Alluring Amethyst, Garnet Glamour, from the Starstruck Collection, and Black Pool! This modern take on a Peppermint Twist has us diving into the holidays; with colors to capture the mood of the season, lush sparkle, and captivating design, we can’t wait to show off this nail art as we open our presents!
1. Start with clean, manicured nails.
3. Apply two thin layers of SHELLAC™ Alluring Amethyst. Cure each layer for one minute.
4. Apply a thin layer of SHELLAC™ Garnet Glamour. Cure for one minute.
5. Apply a thin layer of SHELLAC™ Black Pool. Do not cure and allow to set for 60 seconds.
6. Use an angled art brush lightly moistened with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol to carve out a pattern revealing the Garnet Glamour. Cure for one minute.
7. Apply a thin layer of XPRESS5™ Top Coat. Cure for one minute.
8. Wipe with 99% Isopropyl Alcohol to remove top film.
What did you think of this new twist for the season? Be sure to sound off below and show us your creations by tagging @CNDWorld on Instagram! Want even more education? Stalk CND on Nailstyle and check out CNDUniversity.com for how-to's, tutorials and tips!